Wednesday, September 09, 2009

WIP-it Wednesday, quilting style...

...here is the quilt top I've been working on:

Paint It Black quilt top, take 2


It's interesting—I couldn't see that one of the dark red squares was not in the right location until I saw the photo. Maybe it's the light in my craft room? Anyway, there's a little ripping out and swapping to do for a couple of squares to get them in a better spot. But, this top is close to being done!

Next I am working on the borders, which will use up some of the red and black strips left-over from the blocks. Let's just say that I have more than enough...when I first envisioned this quilt, it was going to be much bigger!

I have decided to take a short break from knitting and work on some cross stitch. I told you about the mermaid WIP last time. She's too big to travel, so I'm also resurrecting another cross stitch WIP that I can work on at lunch time. This is Peacock Majesty by Just Nan:

WIP: Peacock Majesty

This design was retired in 2004 and I've had it a lot longer than that! I'd love to take this off my UFO list!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Did any of you ever see needlepoint where you cannot tell the front from the back??? WELL, that's how Marie's is....what a pro!!! Nothing she touches isn't "PERFECT"....amazing woman!!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...