Monday, November 09, 2009

Not quite what I planned for the weekend...

...but it's all good.

First off, my Loopy Ewe Sock club installment was waiting for me when I got home on Friday. Click the spoiler picture to see what was in the package.

Spoiler--Loopy Ewe Sock Club

This is the last installment for the year. I have thoroughly enjoyed this club and will definitely sign up for the second year. The yarn and patterns have been a treat and the swag just puts the whole club over the top. Very happy club member here!

I spent much of the weekend focused on kitchen stuff.

I was still struggling with where to store my baking sheets and racks since I have lost the use of half the cabinet space above the stove. I finally decided that my cookie cutters were taking up too much room and if I culled out the cutters that I don't use and store the remaining cutters elsewhere, I'd gain enough space for the sheets and racks. (And yes, I have that many cookie cutters...)

I spent a few hours going through the cutters and divided them into 3 piles: recycle, give-away, and keep. The recycled cutters fit into 2 large Ziplock bags; the give-away cutters fill a banker's box; the keep cutters fit into 4 photo boxes and 2 large Ziplocks. (This doesn't count the copper Noah's Ark cookie cutters by Martha Stewart that I have in their original boxes stored elsewhere.)

I took another look at our cookware and decided that a few more could go. I figured if we didn't use it in the last year or it was getting tired looking it was Goodwill or recycle, whichever was appropriate.

I cleaned the hanging pot rack, but cannot replace the pots until we move the chopping block island back in place. While I'm short enough to walk under the hanging pots, the Husband is not. I don't think he'd take kindly to banging his head every time he walks through the kitchen!

The Husband finished resizing one of the drawers and I was able to get the rest of the utensils put away. I'm still not sure with what to do about the utensils that used to hang about the stove.

I went shopping to look for a new, larger roasting pan. I really didn't want to spend $200.00 on a roasting pan, but I looked at Sur La Table and Williams-Sonoma anyway. I bought a couple of cookie decorator things at Sur La Table and bought my turkey brining mix and gravy base at Williams-Sonoma. I looked at Macy's, which had a very reasonably priced roasting pan, but it was way too light—I might as well stick to a foil pan. I finally found a roasting pan at Target. It has a nice weight, holds 20-25 pound turkey, came with a non-stick rack, and was $40.00! Yay!

Needless to say, there wasn't a lot of crafting done. I put in a couple of hours on the mermaid, but didn't work on the quilt at all. I fringed half of the River Rocked shawl, but can't wash it until I'm done with the fringe.

Once we get the kitchen back in order, I'll be able to spend more time on my crafts. I have some Christmas gifts that I need to start RSN!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...