Monday, November 02, 2009

Wow...

...that's all I can say at this point. We cooked our first meal in the new oven last night and it worked great! Nothing burned...yay! And things were done all the way through...no raw spots! Heaven!

After 38 years of dealing with a dinky oven that wouldn't hold a 17-inch (read: standard) cookie sheet or a standard size roasting pan and eventually developed a temperature problem (350 degrees = anywhere from 250 to 450), I get to cook in a real oven. See:

The Whoa! moment

The roasting pan on the left barely fit in my old oven—as I recall, I looked all over to find one that would fit! I always had to cook my Thanksgiving turkey in a large foil pan so I could mold the pan around the turkey to make it fit in the oven. No more! I am beyond pleased!

We got a lot done this weekend. The Husband ran a new water line for the ice maker, did some tile work, painted primer on the modified cabinets, and got the new range installed. I spent most of my weekend cleaning the kitchen and starting to get things back into the cabinets. The Husband still has to finish the modifications of the drawers, so I am down 2 drawers for a few days and there is a little tile work to do. But I can live with that!

I still have a lot more cleaning to do as I work my way out of the kitchen. The living room still has a layer of sawdust and the rugs need to be vacuumed...let's not even talk about what my floors look like!

Craft-wise, I did not get a lot done. I think my "Finished" list is going to be pretty pitiful this month. While I waited for trick-or-treaters, I worked on the River Rocked Shawl. Plain weaving is very interruptible, to it was the perfect thing to work on. I also spent a couple of hours working on the mermaid. But that's it. I better get busy and finish a few things in November, because, as you know, December is all about the cookies!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...