Monday, December 28, 2009

and...I'm back...

...Christmas baking and activities kept me pretty busy.

Today, I packaged up the boxes of cookies and biscotti to mail and took them to the Post Office. There are a couple of gift bags to be delivered, but we're pretty much done.

Here's a sample of the biscotti portion of my gift bags:

Biscotti, ready to give

The cookie and biscotti baking really do a job on my hands. Couple that with the intense mousing I did to complete projects before vacation and my hands are pretty trashed. It's taken me a couple of days to get back to normal; I've caught up with some sleep and my hands aren't nearly as sore.  I even did some knitting.

I finally finished the little lamb I was making for a friend:

Fuzzy Lamb 2

Specs:
Started 12/8/09
Finished 12/27/09
Pattern: Fuzzy Lamb by Fuzzy Mitten
Yarn: Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton in Almond and Macadmia
Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids in Cranberry

I love making these toys...it's such fun to see their little personalities develop.

I have the rest of the week off, so I want to unearth my craft room so I can get to my sewing machine. I'd love to finish the "Paint It Red" quilt before I have to go back to work. I'd also like to start on the beadwork for the Queen Mermaid, and work on the Rusted Dahlia socks, and warp the loom, and...

We'll see what bubbles to the top!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...