Friday, December 11, 2009

I've been a little MIA lately...

...things are busy and way out of the norm. I can't believe it's the 11th and I have no cookies baked yet! SO behind!

Today's Eye Candy is brought to you by the rain:

After the rain

And while this isn't a great picture, this gives you an idea of what our LED icicle lights look like:

New icicle lights

These puppies are bright! (Still need to master those night shots...)

Work was a little intense this week...as a result, I didn't have a lot of energy for baking this week. However, I make my Amaretto-Cinnamon Walnuts and Grand Marnier Pecans—about 12 cups of each. I also started a knitted gift for a friend's new grandson. It's another Fuzzy Mitten lamb [Ravelry]. Since this is for a boy, I'll make a sweater for it instead of a dress. I love knitting toys because they go so quickly!

Up this weekend: I have Spin-In on Saturday and we're doing a cookie exchange. So I'll have to bake cookies for that (go figure!). I may just make a batch of biscotti because they are easy to make and a double batch yields about 66 cookies. I need to take 42 to the exchange.

Hopefully, we'll get our tree on Sunday and get that set up. (or at least in the stand...whether it will actually get decorated over the weekend is another story!) And the rest of the weekend will be spent baking! I have to give my office mates their cookies on Friday the 18th because I'm on vacation after that! Nothing like pressure!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

speaking of "pressure"....how's the secret gift coming along ........haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....haaaaaaaaaa Up this weekend for US is to finish the tweeking on YOURS....then get boxes ready for mailing next week.....plus a Christmas party for our neighborhood....

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...