Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us...

...today the Husband and I celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. We also celebrate today as the anniversary of our relationship...29 years strong!

It doesn't feel like that much time has passed, but we know it has when we look at the Daughter. She was almost 3 when J and I started dating. Her birthday is next week; you can do the math! (When did I get to be the mother of an adult? That's a topic for another day...)

The Husband and I are going out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. The key word here is "out"as we rarely do that anymore! Other than that, we're keeping it low key. Next year, though, we're having a big party!

Weekend report:

After days of rain, we finally saw some blue sky. This was Saturday morning:

Finally, some blue sky

Not much craft-wise that I can report here. I worked on a few special things that are not ready for prime-time. These projects kept me out of the house for a few hours, tracking down components and getting them. Then I had to assemble things. 

I did some spinning and finished plying the Simpatico yarn. I haven't skeined it yet, so no picture. I started plying the Sonnet and Lute yarn and have about half of that done.

I managed to find the top of my sewing machine cabinet and cleared the way so I can finish quilting "Paint It Red."

That's about it...mostly I recovered from a long work week, so there was some actual "lazy" time in there! (I know... monumental!)


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...