Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WIP-It Wednesday and another IDJ round...

...well, not much WIP to show.

I am at somewhat of a standstill, project-wise. I haven't finished plying the Sonnet and Lute yarn. I haven't touched the Rusty Dahlia socks in several weeks. And the Paint It Red quilt hasn't seen any action since December. The only thing that is remotely calling my name is another cross stitch mermaid (Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia), but I haven't exactly started that yet.

Hmmmm, how about another round of IDJ (It's Dead, Jim)?

After much consideration, I decided that the Twinkletoes slippers (see the 1/13 post) would become one of my entries for Ravelympics 2010 [Ravelry]. This project will be entered in the WIP-Dancing event and it will be finished!

So let's take a look at the updated UFO list:
  1. Angora Cottage 70% Merino and 30% Silk 4 oz.roving in purple [Ravelry]
  2. Cascade Fixation anklets (knitting)
  3. Central Air socks (knitting)
  4. Chasing Rainbows Heather--one Merino-Bombyx (2 oz) and one Merino wool (2 oz) (spinning)
  5. Corrugator scarf (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Dogosaurus Rex sweater (knitting) [Ravelry}
  7. Flower Power quilt; top finished, need to sandwich and quilt (quilting)
  8. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
  9. Hopi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  10. Jungle Songs quilt; top finished, need to sandwich and quilt (quilting)
  11. Morning Surf Scarf (knitting) [Ravelry]
  12. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  13. Sangria shawl (knitting)
  14. Sea Foam Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]
  15. Wisteria Angora-Merino top from Tactile (spindle spinning) [Ravelry]
I think the next to go on the IDJ list is Morning Surf Scarf:

Mermaid's Morning Surf scarf, as of 7/20

This is my own handspun. I love the colors and the feel of the yarn. The pattern is essentially the same as the Sea Foam Wrap:

Sea Foam Wrap, in progress

I like the pattern better with Sea Foam Wrap. I think the Mermaid yarn in Morning Surf wants to be a woven scarf. Adios, Morning Surf Scarf...you are IDJ and your yarn will be repurposed. Morning Surf Scarf, you will be put back in rotation.

The next IDJ candidate is Central Air socks. I wound the yarn; I started the cuffs; and haven't touched them in two years. I haven't even taken a picture of them. Adios, Central Air socks...your Blue Moon Socks That Rock yarn can become something else!

This week's on-the-fence project is Cascade Fixation Anklets. Again no picture, but you can see what the yarn looks like here, color 9518 (I think it's color 9976, but I'm not sure). The pattern is simple enough and the yarn is OK to work with. I have most of one anklet knitted. I just haven't touched them in years. The big question is whether I'd wear the anklets since I usually wear crew-length socks. I'll have to think on that one...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...