Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Busy Monday + Comcast Internet problems = no post

...our Internet connection was down for over 4 hours yesterday. Not cool when the Husband works from home and can't get client things handled.

Dear Comcast...why does our cable TV connection work, but our Internet doesn't???

So the weekend report, a little late.

Spin-In was great and we had a big crowd...lots of spinning wheels! I caught myself lusting after the Ashford Joy wheel that several people were using. It is nice and portable. Don't get me wrong, I love Sirena, but she's not as portable as a Joy. Anyway, I finished one bobbin of the Ruby merino-silk at Spin-In. I finished the second bobbin last night and started plying, I want to finish this yarn so I can prep the wheel for my classes at Stitches West. My first class is all day Friday.

On Sunday, I worked on the new weaving piece and immediately ran into a problem. I wanted to use Brooks Bouquet to give it some character. However, I could not get to to work the way I have the piece warped. According to my research. Brooks Bouquet is generally worked right to left with the heddle in the "up" position. My up position has the weft starting on the left. I thought I'd work it anyway from the right, but the warp threads are not set up to get the wrapping right. Hmmmm, I'll have to remember that for next time. To keep the piece going, I reverted to Leno lace again...just more of it.

I'm not getting as much done for Ravelympics as I wanted to. I will definitely finish the Ruby yarn. I want to finish the woven piece so I can have completed at least one item in each of the events I've entered (WIPs Dancing, Labyrinth Weaving, Flying Camel Spin). I really wanted to spin more than one yarn, but I'm afraid Stitches is going to impact my productivity!

I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, so it's a short week. Given that our Internet connection is spotty and I'll be a little busy shopping (LOL!), my blog posts might be a bit erratic. I'll try to post pictures of my acquisitions as soon as I can, though!

Here's your token post picture:

My foot has to go somewhere...

I think Sombra was feeling a bit "crowded" and decided to put her foot on Tica's back. (It has to go somewhere, right? Better on the back than in your face!) Tica is not quite sure what to make of it, but she's warm and isn't complaining!

4 comments:

Just Jane said...

Your weaving lingo sounds like greek my dear...what the heck are you talking about! Love the kitty pics....have fun this long weekend, I hope you find some cool stuff you cannot live without...perhaps a "Joy"????

ComcastCares1 said...

Yeah... I don't know much about weaving, but I know your very good at it! :) I decided to post due to the spotty internet issue. I work for Comcast. Let me know if you need more help on this. I will be happy to help. You can contact me at the email below and include the phone number linked to your account and a link to this page.

Best regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@comcast.com

ComcastCares1 said...

Sorry for the trouble.

marie said...

Wow...thanks for posting a comment, Mark! I'll give this info to my husband and have him contact you. He's better at debugging these things than I am. Thank you!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...