Thursday, February 25, 2010

I finished my yarn!

...well, I finished the Ruby Merino-Silk yarn. Let's not mention the other yarn I was supposed to do for Ravelympics, or the woven shawl/table runner that isn't close to halfway done yet. I can only do what I can do, right?

So here it is:

Ruby Merino-Silk yarn
and the close-up:

Ruby Merino-Silk yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 2/14/10; 
Finished 2/24/10;
Ruby Silk Merino top from Lisa Souza;
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT wheel;
290 yards; 
14 WPI

I have today and tomorrow off for Stitches West. Today is all about running errands, paying bills, getting my hair cut, and gathering my class stuff together. Tonight is the Stitches West Market Preview and I know I'll be too tired to get things together when I get back from that.

I need to make a list of things to look at and possibly buy at the Market. The interesting thing is that, unlike previous years, I don't have specific projects in mind. I really just want to look at yarns that would be good to use for warp on the loom and maybe some tools. I do want to look at Lisa Souza's spinning fibers because I really enjoyed spinning the two that I bought last year (the Ruby yarn above is one of those purchases).

I'll post pictures when I can! (off to find my Stitches West badge holder...)

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

HAVE A GREAT TIME, ENJOY EVERYTHING AND HAVE A BLAST LOOKING THRU THE "MARKET" I HOPE A TON OF THINGS CATCH YOUR EYE!! TALK TO YA MONDAY! (if you're not too tired, haha)

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...