Monday, February 15, 2010

I love extra days in the weekend!

...not that I sleep in or anything. I got up to go to the gym at the usual time. I worked out a little longer than normal, though, to make up for the Starbucks latte I bought afterwards. LOL!

The zucchini bread turned out great! I'd forgotten how many loaves the recipe made, so when I doubled it I ended up with 6 loaves! I took two to my friend, cut one for us, and froze the remaining three. I think my Spin-In friends will enjoy it next week.  

Last night while watching the Men's Mogul competition on TV, I finished my first Ravelympics [Ravelry] entry. Here are my Twinkletoes [Ravelry] slippers:
Twinkletoes slippers

Specs:
Started: 12/2006;
Finished: 2/14/2010;
Pattern: Twinkletoes by Chloe Sparkle from Knitty, Winter 2006;
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in Cork;
Needles: 6US
Ravelympics 2010 - WIPs Dancing

They turned out OK. I remembered why I hadn't finished this project. I hate wrap&turn short rows. Add a dark-colored yarn to the equation and you get a frustrated knitter. I had to frog the heel and redo it. I am still not happy with the short rows, but they are done. ( And yes, I know about Cat Bordhi's approach to w&t...I learned it in one of her classes. I don't like kntting it that way either. Just not a fan of w&t!)

It was too late in the evening to warp my loom, so instead I started spinning one of the red fiber bumps for my Flying Camel Spin entries. I started the Ruby Merino Silk from Lisa Souza. I'll show you what it looks like on Wednesday.

Today, I'm going to warp the loom for my next weaving project. I want to incorporate more texture into this project, but I don't know yet if I want the whole thing to be to have texture or just the ends. Off to check out the Betty Davenport book "Textures and Patterns for the Rigid Heddle Loom" to see what I can some up with. I have plenty of yarn so that's not an issue.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

ADORABLE SLIPPERS!! That is a really cute pattern, if hard to do...you did great!! Dark colors won't show the cat hair as much either...haha...good job (as usual!!)

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...