Wednesday, February 03, 2010

no WIPs today...

...and I will try to get the Herman's Hermits song "No Milk Today" out of my head.

No WIPs today, my mojo's gone away
The needles stand forlorn (at least they're not airborne!)
No WIPs today, it's become a common sight
And Muggles passing by don't understand my plight.

I could go on...

So, let's do another round of IDJ (It's Dead, Jim). Here's the latest UFO and WIP list.

Keeping:
  1. Cascade Fixation anklets (knitting)
  2. Flower Power quilt; top finished, need to sandwich and quilt (quilting)
  3. Jungle Songs quilt; top finished, need to sandwich and quilt (quilting)
  4. Sea Foam Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  6. Twinkletoes slippers [Ravelry]
TBD:
  1. Angora Cottage 70% Merino and 30% Silk 4 oz.roving in purple [Ravelry]
  2. Black leg warmers in Caron Simply Soft yarn (knitting)
  3. Chasing Rainbows Heather--one Merino-Bombyx (2 oz) and one Merino wool (2 oz) (spinning)
  4. Corrugator scarf (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Dogosaurus Rex sweater (knitting) [Ravelry}
  6. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
  7. Hopi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  8. Sangria shawl (knitting)
  9. Stranded Hearts socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  10. Violet Needle Roll (cross stitch)
  11. Wisteria Angora-Merino top from Tactile (spinning) [Ravelry]
I'm keeping the Cascade Fixation anklets on the list for now. I still haven't decided what to so about them. I'm also keeping Peacock Majesty because I just can't seem to give it up yet.

WIP: Peacock Majesty

It's a lovely piece that I'd like to finish one day. I'm just not that into samplers anymore.

I think the next thing to go IDJ are the black leg warmers. This is the Daughter's last year in Baltimore and I don't think I can finish these before the end of Winter. It's not an exciting knit, either. so, IDJ!

Next is the Corrugator scarf. It will go IDJ because the fabric is turning out too thick and I only started this scarf to have a "take-along" project. I haven't touched it in several months. Love the yarn colors though, so it will morf into something else. IDJ!

On the fence: Dogosaurus Rex sweater from the It's a Dog's Life booklet. It's cute and easy to knit, but I can't get the sizing right for the dog! It's either too big or too small. I'd need to revisit the sizing if I want to continue with this.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

You should continue with the song........hahahahaha

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...