Monday, February 01, 2010

Welcome, February, I think...

...I'm not sure that I was ready to let go of January just yet, but not much I can do about that!

The first week of February marks the end of our "holidays." They started in November with Thankgiving, followed by December with Christmas. Our anniversary is in January and the Daughter's birthday is in February. OK, maybe not holidays by other people's definitions, but certainly by ours! They are all special days and times. Anyway, on to the crafty stuff...

I managed to get some of the things done that I wanted to. I ran my errands...one of them was to get my ring cleaned. The Husband bought an extended plan for the ring, which means that I have to take it to be inspected and cleaned every six months. I wish Zales had a location at other than Valley Fair. I really hate going there, so I put it off as long as I can!

On the quilt front, I finished machine quilting the Paint It Red quilt! I'm in the process of burying all the thread ends so I can sew on the border. I need to come up with a label for this puppy, too. I did not make the quilt sandwich for Flower Power, because the machine quilting took longer than I thought.

I did a little stash diving for the yarn exchange at Purlescence Yarns. I took 18 skeins of yarn (I know, a mere drop in the bucket) and did not take any from the exchange. In consolation (LOL!), I bought a bump of fiber, the January Handwoven magazine, and two skeins of yarn for a woven scarf. It could have been worse, you know...

I finished plying the Sonnet and Lute yarn. Here it is:

Sonnet and Lute yarn

And the close-up

Sonnet and Lute yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 1/9/10;
Finished 1/31/10;
Sonnet and Lute Falkland top (4.0 oz) from The Yarn Wench;
Yield: 180.5 yards Navajo-plied;
12 WPI

And I finally got a picture of the Simpatico yarn:

Simpatico yarn

and the close-up

Simpatico yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 10/10/09;
Finished 1/23/10;
Simpatico 2 Falkland top (4.2oz) from The Yarn Wench
Yield: 227.3 yards Navajo-plied;
14 WPI

So at least I finished something this month!

And this just in, my Rocking Sock Club installment for January arrived at the office this morning!  This year, we get two patterns for each installment. Very cool! The colors this month are pretty and one of the patterns is calling my name...need to chant: finish UFOs; finish UFOs!

Picture behind the spoiler:


I'll  do a January recap when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

love the pattern that is lacy like.....is that the one you picked? The colors are very pretty too! You failed to mention that monumental project you did in January to "please me"......that task had to have taken a long, long time to complete....and gee how I love it!!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...