Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WIP-it Wednesday, now with WIPs!

...I've been good about working on my projects while watching the Olympics, It's kind of cool to be spinning during the ice skating events....we're all going around in circles!

Here is the Ruby Merino-Silk I started spinning:

Ruby Merino-Silk, bobbin #1

I'm spinning this thin, potentially to be used as warp yarn. We'll see how strong it is when I'm done.

Warping the loom took me the good part of Monday to do. I'm using a 12.5 dpi reed, so more warp threads than I've used before. I also had a few problems with the second skein of the warp yarn...lots of knots and slubby places that I had to work around. I finally got it done. I didn't have the energy to do any actual weaving, but I did last night. I wove a few rows and then did the hem stitching. I stopped at a place where I will start the pattern (Brooks Bouquet, maybe).  Here's what it looks like right now:

Red Shawl, in progress

I'm going to try to swap between the two projects so I make make progress on both. However, I think that I'll probably finish spinning the merino-silk before I finish the weaving. Spin-In is Saturday and I'll get a lot of spinning done then!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...