Friday, March 12, 2010

Let's hear it for Eye Candy Friday...

...actually, let's just hear it for Friday, cuz it's been a lo-o-o-o-ng week!

As predicted, it started raining again today. Here's what the sky looked like this morning before the rain clouds completely rolled in:

Morning, before the rain

I managed to get a few garden pictures, too. The garden is starting to come alive...freesias are popping up all over the place. Here are some pink buds:

Freesia Buds

And one that has already bloomed:

Pink Freesia

I discovered that the Husband had purchased a new plant for the garden. We both like succulents, so this Zwartkop will be a nice addition:

Zwartkop (AKA Black Rose)

I'm hoping that the forecast is accurate and we get some sun back tomorrow.

Up this weekend: I need to pick up the Daughter's room and make it habitable. She'll be here for a short visit next week and it might be nice if she can use the bed. I don't think she'll appreciate the loom stand, needlework stand, and boxes that are currently in the way!

I plan on finishing the Midnite Lava Flow yarn...I'm anxious to see it plied. I need to warp the loom for the scarf that I'm making for a friend. In between, I'll work on getting my craft room back in order. I am cycling out some baskets that I'm using for storage because they are not straight-sided and they take up too much room. I'd really like to get more floor space in there and that might mean purging a few things, (Oh, no! LOL!)

And we get to Spring Forward on Sunday...as far as the cats are concerned, it's about time! They have been getting up an hour earlier for a while. Anyway, have a good one!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

HORRAY FOR SPRING FORWARD.....very odd here to NOT change the clocks! As I've mentioned before, I'm totally amazed at how much you plant in your yard!! John has a "gift" that's for sure! We have a TON of work to do in our yard this year...was a hard winter and we lost a lot of plants...plus I want to "rearrange" some things. Have fun getting your daughter's room ready...know it will be great to see her for a bit! Talk to you on Monday (I hope)!!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...