Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday, it's the new Monday, right?

...yeah, I didn't think that would fly. Had to try it, though! LOL!

Monday got completely away from me. Between work and researching a personal project, time just slipped away. My personal project is designing a knit item for a friend of the family...the request came from the Daughter and I have to give it a decent try. See, it's a knitting design project and I'm not a [knit] designer. I'm an implementer. This project is way more than I am comfortable with, but I'm trying! If things go well, I'll post the results here.

Over the weekend, I finished the Midnite Lava Flow yarn. I really love how this came out:

Midnite Lava Flow yarn

Specs:
Started: 3/6/10; Finished: 3/21/10;
Merino-Wensleydale-Firestar batts from Lisa Souza;
total weight approx. 4.8 oz.
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT wheel;
342 yards; WPI tbd

I think it will look great as a scarf.

At Spin-In, I started spinning Blue Lake Lily, a merino-bamboo top from Royale Hare:

Blue Lake Lily single, bobbin #1

I am using the Faux-ro (Fake Noro) technique that we learned in Janel Laidman's class, Getting the most from a Painted Roving. I am spinning it on two bobbins and will make a two-ply yarn out of it. I have no idea what I will use the yarn for, I just wanted to try the technique and this roving seemed like the perfect colors for it.

I did not work on the woven scarf at all, as the new design project is taking precedence. It's a little too warm for scarves right now, so I think I have some time before I cycle back to the weaving.

This week is a challenge, time-wise, so we'll see how much time I can carve out for crafts!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...