Wednesday, March 03, 2010

WIP-It Wednesday, and an unexpected IDJ...

...I sure didn't see it coming! 

My take-along project for Stitches West was the Cascade Fixation Anklet [Ravelry]that is one of the unfinished objects that I kept from last month's IDJ purge.  Well, after knitting on them for a bit, I decided that I really didn't like them. Plus, because I was knitting them one at a time, I still had to do a second one. Not having fun with them...not liking them....Buh-Bye! IDJ (It's Dead, Jim)!

I feel so much better now! LOL!

One WIP that I enjoyed getting back to was this:

Merino-silk, in progress

I started this merino-silk for Tour de Fleece 2007. At the time, it was a stretch for me because I'd never spun anything with silk before. Fast-forward three years...I now have several merino-silk yarns under my belt, so this one is not as challenging. It's an enjoyable spin by spindle, and even better on the wheel. I love the color, which has a little more blue than the picture.

I will be slowly adding my new fiber acquisitions to Ravelry, but our intermittent Internet connection at home is preventing me from getting much done. I am now tracking the down times and when I have at least 10 days worth, I will contact Comcast with the stats if the Husband doesn't do it first. It's hard to complain when you don't have specific data other than being annoyed that it's down yet again...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...