Monday, April 19, 2010

Finished Object Monday...

...that doesn't quite have the same ring to it that Finished Object Friday has, does it? Oh, well!

I finished weaving the bouclé scarf yesterday and trimmed it out at lunch time today. Here it is:

Sarah's Bouclé Scarf

Specs:
Yarn: Jo-Ann Sensations Rainbow Bouclé, used in both warp and weft
Finished size: 7”W x 80”L (including 7” fringe each end)
Warp: 7.5 epi—93”L x 7.5”W
Weft: 8-9 ppi

The colors are beautiful, although one end of the scarf is a bit stripey. I thought about pulling it out and starting again, but the bouclé is very tricky to work with and I didn't want to wreck it. I'm also not washing it because the fringe pieces may completely come undone.

Aside from my normal errands a few chores, I really only worked on two things this weekend: the scarf and my craft room. I had a huge pile of clothes fro goodwill in the middle of the floor, as well as some fiber that had not been put away. I spent a few hours organizing it, but it is clear that I have outgrown this space. 

I'm now starting to campaign to move into the game room (our converted garage) where I'll have more space to store things and don't have to constantly rearrange things to work on a project and to have a place for the loom and the spinning wheel to live, other than the living room. I'm sure the Husband would like that, too! There's a lot of work to make that happen, so we'll have to see how long it will take...I can dream, can't I? :-)

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

I'm ALL for you moving out there, it would be an awesome place for all your stuff........be so pleasing to have nice cubbies filled with things to glaze at too while working out there......let hubby know I agree and time to heave-ho

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...