Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday, Monday...

...it came a little to soon this week!

On Saturday, the Husband took a long bike ride and was gone most of the day. I took the opportunity to do chores around the house, interspersed with some spinning. Laundry is the perfect chore to do while spinning. You have to get up to change the loads, which gives you several breaks during the process.

I decided to spin one of the batts I bought from Faerie Mountain Fibers. I bought three batts: a cream one, a light green one, and a black-red-and-white one. I was immediately drawn to the red one, but I've been doing a lot of red lately. I decided to spin the green one.

The batt contains bamboo, wool, and angelina, as well as some nepps and noils. This is the first time I've spun anything that intentionally contained nepps and noils. And, I don't like them. I don't like the slubs they create in the yarn. Fortunately, this batt didn't contain a lot of them, so I was able to pick them out and finishing spinning the batt without losing very much.

It's a little greener than I expected, but here it is:

Green Crazy Batt, single

I need to let it rest a bit before I ply it.

Yesterday was the Husband's birthday. Since we decided not to go out to dinner,  I made him a dinner of his choosing: Chile RelleƱo casserole, a Spanish Tortilla (sliced potatoes, eggs, and onions), and Mexican rice. My Irish-Lithuanian Husband loves spicy food, and Mexican food is one of his favorites (it's good he married a Chicana, right?). Even though I grew up eating spicy foods, he can eat things spicier than I can! We cooled things off with cheesecake and gelato for dessert.

So, not a lot got done over the weekend, but it was still enjoyable!
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...