Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WIP it up...

...or not. I have only been working intermittently on one knitting WIP, the Rusty Dahlia socks.

Rusty Dahlia socks, cuffs

I started these puppies back in October and have not been able to finish them. Other projects have been started and completed, but I can't seem to finish these. It's not that the pattern is hard or the yarn is icky...far from it. The pattern is well-written and easy to follow, as are all of the Sundara patterns I've tried. The yarn is a yummy Bugga! from Sanguine Gryphon (from the Loopy Ewe sock club). I just can't seem to get motivated to finish them. So much so that I have been afraid to cast-on any other socks until I finish these, or at least get them close to finished.  

I've pretty much been in a state of apathy with my knitting and, to a lesser degree, my other crafts. I start thinking about a new project and that's about as far as I get. Not good when you have two rooms full of craft supplies that need to be turned into something useful!

I thought swapping over to quilting might do the trick, but I didn't even get as far as getting the sewing machine ready. Too much stuff to move out of the way to make the quilting space usable. I can't use the ironing board to press fabric because there is a stitchery stand on top of it (because there's no room for it on the floor).  I really need to find places to store things for I have enough space to do something.

Maybe I just need to take a vacation to reorganize everything. I seem to do that about every two years...it must be time! Or a giant cross-stitch stash sale. That would make some room, too!

Hmmm, need to think on that one...
 

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

YOU NEED TO MOVE INTO THE GARAGE...THAT SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT PROJECT....PERIOD!!!! Talk about motivation.....if you got to set up "shop" out there...you'd have motivation galore!! Everything in it's place...no longer having to move things around when "the daughter" visits.........great project for Memorial Day Weekend...with lots of time to get prepared.........food for thought!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...