Friday, July 30, 2010

Eye Candy Friday, now with more pictures...

...because I've been stingy the last few weeks!

First up, a petunia:

Melon-colored petunia

and another one:

Pink Petunia

A view into our back yard and the wall of tomato plants:

Wall of tomato plants

...and some ripening tomatoes:

Ripening tomatoes

And now for the fibery portion of this post! The Loopy Ewe had some new sock yarn for sale this week and I just had to get some. It arrived in today's mail.

Flying Saucer sock yarn

This is from Schoppel Wolle (Skakel) and it's Flying Saucer yarn (#2113 - Vision in Pink), designed for knitting two socks at a time. Right up my alley! I love that it's on a spool rather than in a skein. No winding!

I think I may have found a home for the Reflection Shawl in its current glorious colors. (Yay!) It's not for sure yet, but I'll let you know.

And this also arrived today...the Rockin' Sock Club installment for July (behind the spoiler picture):


Love, love, love the STR club color, but not so much the color of the extra Sock Candy yarn. We all got different colors of the Sock Candy, so I'm going to see whether someone on Ravelry wants to trade. The patterns both look interesting, so I may have found my next project!

Up this weekend: well, your guess is as good as mine! I have no specific planes other than my normal errands. Who knows what will call my name this weekend?
   

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

WAY, WAY COOL.......flip flop socks!!! Very cute....show of a nice manicure on a cool day!! Interesting idea!!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...