Monday, July 05, 2010

it was a fast weekend...

... I'm at work, waiting for a compile to finish.  While I wait, I'll give you a little report.

First off, the sock classes on Saturday were fabulous. In the first class,  I learned a new cast-on and a new bind-off, and I think I finally understand the wrap-and-turn thingy for short rows. It's still not my favorite thing to knit, but it doesn't seem  as daunting. The second class was learning how to knit the hexagon socks on the cover of Think Outside the Sox. These little hexagons are addicting! The classes were limited to 12 people, which is a nice size class.

On the Tour de Fleece front, I took my spindle with me on Saturday and spun a little between classes:

Tour de Fleece, day 1

On Sunday, I plied the Blue Hosta yarn:

Blue Hosta yarn

and the close-up:
Blue Hosta yarn, close-up

Specs:
Started 6/19/10;
Finished 7/4/10;
Merino Bamboo Tussah top from Miss Babs;
138 yards, two ply;
WPI TBD (worsted, I think)

Then I started a Merino-Tencel from Abstract Fibers, called Sea Scape:

Tour de Fleece, day 2

I'm spinning this on the fastest whorl of my standard flyer. I'm working my way up to the fast flyer...not quite ready for it yet!

OK, my compile's done...back to work!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...