Saturday, July 24, 2010

my lost blogging week...

...too much work + not enough brain power leftover at the end of the day, with a side of  Comcast Internet flakiness  = no blogs for a week. Yeah, I'm glad that week's over!

So, Tour de Fleece got put on the back burner for a few days. Before work took over my brain, I managed to finish another yarn. Here is Beach Foam:

Beach Foam yarn

and the close up:

Beach Foam yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 7/15/10
Finished 7/20/10
3 batts from Liza Souza in Beach Foam, 3.2 oz
(90% Superfine Merino, 8% Tencel, 2% Firestar);
228.9 yards, Navajo-plied;
15 WPI

I also finished knitting the Reflection Shawl (I still need to block it):

Reflection Shawl, unblocked

Specs:
Finished knitting on 7/21;
Pattern by Ruth Greenwald;
Yarn from Loopy Ewe Sock Club, Fleece Artist Blue Face Leicester Sock yarn in Daffodil
Needles: 4 US
Modifications: added 3 more rows: 1 row = *K2 YO* K2; 2 rows = knit all stitches

But that's pretty much it. I haven't been able to even think about starting something else until today. I'd like to do a bit more spinning or start  new pair of socks, but we'll see. At minimum, I'll block the shawl today. (See, you didn't miss much because I didn't do much!)

Tomorrow, our spinning group is getting together to celebrate the end of Tour de Fleece and to show off what we've done.  That will put a nice cap on the Tour.

Oh, and in the middle of the madness, look what arrived from the Loopy Ewe...this month's Sock Club installment (behind the spoiler picture)!

Spoiler--Loopy Ewe Sock Club

The goodies are even more amazing this month. Kind of makes up for the fact that I don't like one of the patterns and the other is just OK. You can't please everyone all of the time, so that's just the way it is with sock clubs. I'm sure I can find a new home for the pattern I don't like, if I want to de-stash it.

I hope to say on blog-track next week. Here's an Eye Candy picture to hold you until then:

Lily, up close and personal
   

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

OH WOW!!!! i love THE COLORS OF THE YARN!!! tHEY ARE TOTALLY YUMMY.......SOME OF MY VERY FAVORITE COLORS.........WAY BEAUTIFUL~~~ I hope you can get some rest along the way this weekend!! Laurie is VERY sick.....poor baby......what a long, VERY PAINFUL week this has been.........so PAINFUL! Talk to ya Monday, I hope!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...