Thursday, August 19, 2010

better Thursday than never...

...because this week has gotten away from me!  Between the doctor's appointment on Monday and my day off tomorrow, I've had to cram a weeks worth of work in 3.5 days.

Anyway here is the picture I promised:

Ocean, bobbin #1


Thsi is a Merino-silk top from Redfish Dyeworks. It has a wonderful sheen and in general is a nice spin. I ran into a couple of problem areas, but the entire top is not like that. I'm going to wait until I spin the second bobbin to see whether it wants to be a 2-ply or 3-ply yarn.

Up this weekend: An open class reunion for my high school tomorrow night. That should be fun! Then I'm going to visit Mom on Saturday.  I'll come back as early as I can on Sunday, to get the last few hours in with the Daughter. She's heading back to school on Monday. [sigh]

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...