Friday, August 13, 2010

Eye Candy Friday...yay!

...Friday just couldn't get here fast enough for me!

From the garden, pineapple tomatillos:

Pineapple tomatillo, on the vine

and a couple of ripe ones:

Pineapple tomatillos

These are tiny, around the size of a grape! The Husband thought they were going to be like regular tomatillos and thought they weren't doing very well. From all I've read about them online, they are supposed to be this small and different from a green or purple tomatillo. I haven't tasted one, so I can't report on that yet.

Up this weekend: The Husband is off to the Jazz Festival on Saturday, so I'm going to take the opportunity to clean house. If we can arrange our schedules, a friend and I will make a field trip to Green Planet Yarn on Sunday.  I want to finish the Flower Power quilt and then work on whatever catches my fancy.

Early warning: I might miss a post on Monday because of a doctor's appointment and the fact that I will have to play catch-up the rest of the day. So don't be surprised if it's late or missing!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...