Monday, August 23, 2010

fell under the spell of the coast...

...and the lack of readily available internet access! I could access my email on my iPhone, but there was no way I was going to try to do a regular blog post on it!

I took my time driving to Morro Bay, stopping along the way to take a few pictures. I knew I couldn't check into my hotel until 3pm, so there was no rush.

The open class reunion on Friday night was fun! It was great seeing people I knew from my years there. It was also cool meeting new people—people who had already graduated when I started HS, their spouses, and spouses of people I knew.

Saturday, I went to see my mom. We mostly hung out and talked, although we did manage to go out to lunch. Her favorite place is Chef Rick's, so we went there for lunch.The food is always good there.

Mom is in the process of going through our old slides and movies. She found some slides of my high school graduation and gave me the prints. When I get some time, I'll scan and upload them to Flickr. I'm so glad she found them because I have like one picture of our receiving line and she had several. There's also a great picture of my step-dad and me (well, he looks great, me not so good).

It was a short but good visit. I got back to Morro Bay in time to see this:

Sun setting behind Morro Rock

I actually got to see Morro Rock this time! It had been fogged in when we were there last year and it was fogged in when I arrived on Friday. What a treat!

I spent the evening reading on my iPad. I finished one book and started a new one. Love, love, love the iPad!!

I headed home early on Sunday so I catch up with the Daughter a little. On the way back on Highway 46, I got another picture of the Rock:

Morro Rock from Hiway 46

The Daughter left this afternoon. [sigh] We'll miss her, but she'll be back for her Stanford class reunion (10 years!) in October.

Back on Wednesday with a new WIP!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...