Thursday, August 12, 2010

is it Friday yet?

...my brain is not quite with the program and I'm ready for the week to be done! I totally missed WIP-it Wednesday yesterday and didn't realize it until this morning. Maybe I just need to reboot my brain...

Not a lot to report, but here are some random bits:
  1. Finished burying all the threads for the Flower Power quilt.

    Because it's now a usable quilt, I could declare it "done" now. However, it doesn't have a label yet and I haven't finished its cover, so it's technically still a WIP.

  2. Finished the first lace pattern repeat for the Mochaberry Brambles socks.

    Each pattern repeat is 22 rows and I have 1.5 left to do. It's an easy pattern, but I have to be careful that I start with the correct stitch when I work the stitches on the second circular.  I've messed up a couple of time, but thankfully caught it quickly so I didn't have to frog very many stitches.

  3. Rockin' Sock Club socks are waiting for their turn. I'll get back to them soon.
  4. As we get closer to September, I feel the urge to do some cross stitch.

    Halloween had always been one of my favorite cross stitch topics and I have a few things that I'd like to stitch. On the other hand, Summer is another favorite cross stitch topic and I have a couple of Summer projects tucked away somewhere. (Not to mention a few mermaids that are ready to stitch. Hmmm....)

  5. I also feel the urge to go take pictures of something other than our garden.

    Don't get me wrong, there are lots of interesting things growing out there. I'd just like to take pictures of something different. I am going to Morro Bay in a week for a class reunion. Maybe I'll take a photo field trip while I'm there...
That's it for now!
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...