Friday, August 06, 2010

just another Eye Candy Friday...

...brought to you by our garden (big surprise!)

The husband continues to surprise me by adding odd flowers and plants to the garden. I never know what I'm going to find when I go out there!  This time, I found this flower in one of the hanging pots:

Bat-face Cuphea

This is called a Bat-face Cuphea (Cuphea llavea). It really does look like a bat! Odd flowers, but wonderful colors.

And I finally got a picture of the blocked Reflection Shawl:

Reflection Shawl, blocked

It's on its way to audition for a new owner tonight. If it doesn't find a new home, it's off to the dye bath!

Up this weekend: Catch up on some sleep. I haven't been sleeping well and I'm a little zonked. I'll continue working on the two pairs of socks when I can.  If it's not too hot, I think I'll hit the sewing machine and finish up the Flower Power quilt. It's about 50% quilted, so it's doable. A little reading, a little quilting, a little knitting...yeah, I think that will work for me. (Not sure if it will work for The Husband, though! LOL!)
 

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

The pattern fo rthe scarf is just beautiful!! Hope your weekend plans out the way you want...we're excited to have Danny/Beth coming for a few days before heading to VA. For me??? That means some COMPREHENSIVE cleaning, which I'm working on.....tomorrow we're taking care of Kayla...so that leaves today.....plus some shopping...we should get more rain...I HOPE SO!!! Talk to you soon, did you read my email a few days ago??

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...