Friday, September 17, 2010

catch-up Friday...

...this week just whizzed by! After a small lull on Tuesday, more work came surging back on Wednesday morning. I finally have a few minutes to catch my breath!

Here's the picture I never got a chance to upload and post for WIP-it Wednesday:

Turquoise Trail, as of 9/17/10

It's coming along. I'm still waiting for my order of turquoise silk. I hope it gets here soon!

On to Eye Candy Friday. First up, a Mardi Gras rose from the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden:

Mardi Gras rose

A huge tomato from the garden:

Huge orange tomato

And remember that melon picture I showed you at the end of August? Here it is, all grown up and ready to eat:

Miniature honeydew melon

This is a miniature honeydew of some unknown variety.

Up this weekend: I haven't had enough time to make any plans! About the only thing I know for sure that we have to do is make plane and hotel reservations to go the Baltimore next month. The Daughter finished her dissertation and we're going to attend the part of her defense that is public.  It's been a lot of hard work for her and we are so proud that she finished this monumental piece of writing!

That's it....that's all I've got. Have a good one!
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...