Friday, September 10, 2010

Eye Candy Friday, Rose Garden edition...

...here are a few pictures that I took at the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden

The Husband and I don't really have a song. We have a movie and a rose, both by the same name: All That Jazz.

All That Jazz rose in the sun

All That Jazz rose

I loved Rainbow Sorbet because each bush had flowers in varying shades of this:

Rainbow Sorbet rose in the sun

Rainbow Sorbet rose

The Husband's tomato plants continue to produce interesting varieties, like this striped Roma:

Red Striped Roma Tomatoes

We included these tomatoes in our last Fresh Tomato-Basil-Mozzarella salad and they were quite tasty.

Once piece of Eye Candy that I can't show you yet is the Birthday Box I received from my friend, Jane, and her husband, Gordon. They crafted(!) a beautiful cedar box for my birthday and then filled it with goodies, too numerous to list here. The box is gorgeous and the cedar scent is heavenly!! One of the things they included in the box was a bag of cotton bolls that Jane picked! They are very clean and white...I just need to read up on how to prep cotton for spinning. How cool is that!

Anyway, when I get a chance, I'll take pictures of my special box. Thanks, Jane and Gordon—you are incredible!

Up this weekend: Spin-In tomorrow! I'm looking forward to finishing the Ocean Merino-Silk that I've been spinning for far too long. We'll probably go the the Mountain View Art & Wine festival sometime this weekend. This is our favorite festival...lots of vendors and lots of good food.

Have a good one!
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...