Monday, September 06, 2010

Labor Day laziness...

...I started with great plans to clean up around here. I got the vacuuming, laundry, and dishes done...and that's as far as I got!  It got too warm to do much more.

I had a great day on my birthday. It was sunny and warm...a great day to go to the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden and the Rosicrucian Museum. I took about 300 pictures, which is a lot for me. I'm slowing sifting through them, trying to find the best ones to upload to Flickr.

There were so many roses blooming! Here is a picture that gives you an idea about the number blooms there were:

San Jose Municipal Rose Garden

As I suspected, the pictures I took on the museum grounds weren't as good. My camera just doesn't do as well with landscape pictures. That plus the fact that we go to the museum at mid-day when the sun was very bright made it difficult to get good shots. I got a few though. Here's one of the fountain in front of the temple:

Rosicrucian Temple and fountain


After the museum, we stopped at one of our favorite places, the Falafel Drive-in, for a late lunch. We got the special (large falafel and a banana shake) and some pita chips to go. We were pretty pooped at that point and decided to relax at home. We decided that dinner out could wait for another day.

We ended the day with take-out from Country Gourmet and two little cakes from Pamplemousse Patisserie. A perfect end to a perfect day.

Yesterday was errand day and then a little needlepoint. I am making good progress, but I'm running out of the turquoise silk used for one of the divider lines. I've ordered some and hope it arrives soon!

OK, back to being lazy...

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...