Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday again...

...and it's the 20th. This month is just going too fast!

It was a lazy weekend. I did a few household chores (very few!) and ran a couple of errands. I made the mistake of going to the quilt store to buy a couple of patterns that I wanted and ended up buying some fabric for them. Oops!  I bought the Pockets To Go pattern and the Cash and Carry pattern from Atkinson Designs. They are really cute and look like they might be a quick sew.

I finally picked up my Mochaberry Brambles socks again. I'm still not done with the cuff, but I only have 9 more rows to go! Can't wait to do something other than the cuff!

I spent a little time working on Turquoise Trail, but I actually spent more time prepping the Neon Rays ribbon than I did stitching. The Neon Rays ribbon had some pretty severe folds from being wrapped around its card for so long, I dampened it and wrapped it around an empty TP roll and let it dry. It's a lot better now!

I made a half-hearted attempt to clean up my craft room. It looks like fiber exploded in there! I got a few things put away, but I am seriously out of room in there. I need a bigger space.

As I mentioned on Friday, the one thing we wanted to do this weekend was make the reservations for our trip to see the Daughter. After a little consultation with the Daughter and several websites later, we have our trip all planned and purchased. Yay for us! Now I just need to find a housesitter...

My biggest accomplishments of the weekend were making the trip reservations, doing laundry, and making soup for dinner last night,  Woo hoo...life's really exciting around here!
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...