Wednesday, September 01, 2010

WIP-it Wednesday...

...OMG, it's September! I admit to wanting to delay September as long as possible. It's my birthday month, and I'm hitting a pretty big milestone in a few days. Of all my milestone birthdays, this is the one that is kicking the !$@% out of me. Ugh!

Anyway, thanks to our newly established Craft Night, I'm humming away on my needlepoint project. Here's where it is after last night:

Turquoise Trail, as of 9/1/10


The center motif is done and I'm now working the dividing lines and the outside borders. The borders are kind of boring, so I don't have a lot of that done yet. I'm trying to layout the reddish-brown dividers so I can work the turquoise divider square. I think I'm going to run out of the turquoise thread, and I'd like to know that soon so I can order some more.

As I mentioned last time, I've been working on the Mochaberry Brambles socks. Here's what they look like:

Mochaberry Brambles, cuffs in progress


I have completed 1.5 pattern repeats; there are a total of 2.5 pattern repeats in the cuff. I love how they are turning out!

No other WIPs to report on...the needlepoint has been my primary focus!

I'll post an August recap when I get a minute...
 

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

HEY, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF....TRUST ME, IT AIN'T ALL THAT BAD.......Come Saturday, you will think, hummmmmmm I don't FEEL ANY DIFFERENT.......and you won't be......it's "just a number"......but it does come with benefits......LOTS OF DISCOUNTS here and there...haha....that is NICE....I save 10% of my total grocery bill on the first Wed of the month, cause I'm OLD....works for me.......saved me a wopping $15.00 yesterday.it "pays to be old".......if you think you've got it bad.....how do you think your MOM feels, having a daughter at "that age".......HAHAHAHA

LOVE THE SOCKS....AWESOME COLOR AND PATTERN!! 2 MORE DAYS....

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...