Friday, October 29, 2010

Finished Object Friday...

...I managed to finish something this month! Yay!

This is The Whale's Migratory Tale yarn:

The Whale's Migratory Tale yarn


and the close-up:

The Whale's Migratory Tale yarn, close up #2


Specs:
Started 10/23/10; Finished 10/28/10;
Fiber: 75% BFL, 25% Tussah Silk, dyed with Indigo;
Pro-Verbial Fiber club from A Verb for Keeping Warm;
Yield: 418.75 yards, 2-ply;
WPI: 18

My goal was to get 400 yards of fingering yarn. Well, I got 418 yards of  something closer to laceweight. On the one hand, I'm happy that I got over 400 yards of this. I'll have to check, but I think that's the most I've ever spun from 4 ounces of fiber. On the other, it's thinner than the project calls for, so I'll have to make some adjustments.

It needs a good wash before I try knitting with it. The indigo dye is still rubbing off a lot and my hands get quite blue from handling it.

Up this weekend: I need to buy candy for the trick-or-treaters and do a few chores around the house. I need to look at the organization of my craft room and see whether I can fit in a few more things. Some of my stuff is stored in the Daughter's closet. I think she might want to be able to hand up her clothes when she moves home! If I can find a home for my plastic soap mold, that would help a lot!

I'll leave you with a picture of this morning's sky. Supposedly, there's a rain storm coming in.

Morning Clouds


Oh, and Jane, this is for you:
Oooooohhhhhmmmm * 3

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...