Monday, October 25, 2010

it was a spinning weekend...

...it was rainy and spinning just seemed like the right activity.

Ever since the Pro-Verbial Club fiber arrived, I've wanted to spin it. SO in between chores, errands, and other activities, I spun this:

The Whale's Migratory Tale, ready to ply

This is the first time I've spun fiber to spec—the club pattern requires 400 yards of fingering yarn. Based on a trial ply, a 2-ply of these singles will be a fingering yarn. Now whether I actually got 400 yards remains to be seen. The singles are resting and I will ply them soon.

My hands were pretty blue by the time I finished spinning this. It was not unexpected as the enclosed card explained about indigo and that "crocking" (the color rubbing off) is part of the process. Most of it washed off easily and any remaining color wore away during the day.

The Daughter flew back "home" today. The next time she returns, it's for good! She'll move home before Thanksgiving and only travel East when required. It will be nice to have her on the same coast again!
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...