Friday, October 01, 2010

it's October, people...

...time is moving too darn fast! I'd like things to slow down just a little...

It was hard trying to find something for  Eye Candy Friday. The garden is in that state where the tomatoes are near the end (and therefore, not very pretty) and the autumn flowers haven't taken hold yet. We do have green beans growing:

Green Beans

They're pretty small right now, but they're doing pretty well. If we can keep the bugs from eating them, we'll have a nice crop.

I did manage to finish one last thing for September. I plied the Arch Rock Evening merino-bamboo singles that I spun last weekend:

Arch Rock Evening Handspun

and the close-up:

Arch Rock Evening handspun, close up

Specs
Started 9/25/10
Finished 9/30/10
50/50 Merino Bamboo top from Royale Hare
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT Folding Wheel
Yield: 234.5 yards, 2-ply
WPI: 14

I'm still not happy with my consistency with a 2-ply.  There always seems to be some sections that are under-plied. Just need to keep working at it!

Up this weekend: Some major cleaning. One of my brothers will be staying with us for a couple of days and I need to get the loft area ready for him. That and the fact that I'd like to have the place clean before we leave on our trip to see The Daughter.  (Still need to find a housesitter!) Anyway cleaning and picking up should take a good part of the weekend!

I'll post a recap when I get a chance.
 

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

TIME IS MOVING WAY, WAY TOO FAST!! MY LIST GROWS AND GROWS, AND I'M SPINNING MY WHEELS....I NEED TO GET OFF THE MERRY-G0-ROUND!

LOVE YOUR NEW YARN...THAT IS SO BEAUTIFUL...WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE WITH IT?????

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...