Friday, November 19, 2010

Eye Candy Friday...

...from the garden again!  (I know. I just can't get it together with my crafts. Sigh)

The Husband decided we needed some fall color, so he bought some cyclamen.

Cyclamen

Fuschia Cyclamen

These are in the cobalt planters in our atrium (AKA courtyard). It's been threatening to rain since early morning, so the light wasn't great when I took the pictures.

In a different eye candy vein, I ordered some yarn from Blur Moon Fiber Arts last week to take advantage of my sock club coupon. I bought this yarn for it's name: Raspberry Moose!

Raspberry Moose Socks That Rock yarn

It's more moose than raspberry, though. Oh, well!

I bought this Marine Silk to weave a wrap for myself, in True Blood Red.

True Blood Marine Silk yarn

I knew the color would be different than on the web page because that image is a different fiber, but I was quite surprised that this was more on the pink side than red. It's still pretty and one of my colors, just not what I was expecting.

Up this weekend: A big housecleaning push! With company coming on Wednesday and my working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I need to get the majority done this weekend. I need to buy the turkey, do my initial grocery run for staples and frozen stuff, and make my cranberry sauce. I can get the Daughter to help when she arrives on Monday, but I may just have her do some of the perishables shopping so I can concentrate on prepping the food. We'll see what works out best...

Crafting might be on hold until after the holiday. I'll be happy if I can get a few minutes of spinning done or if I can warp my loom with the Marine Silk!
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...