Friday, December 03, 2010

Eye Candy + Finished Object Friday...

...first up, a Sky Candy picture:

December Morning

Aside from the cool clouds, this sunrise was interesting because there was very little color. Usually, I see some orange or red tints at the bottoms of the clouds.

As I mentioned in the last post, I did finish a yarn on the last day of November.

Healdsburg Hyacinths handspun

and the close-up:

Healdsburg Hyacinths handspun. close up

Specs:
Started 11/13/10;
Finished 11/30/10;
Healdsburg Hyacinths Merinp-Tencel top from Royale Hare;
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT wheel;
186.1 yards; 13 WPI

Meh... it's OK. I'm not really fond of the way the colors fell on this one. It looks a little too much like 4th of July to me. I was hoping that the teal would even out the colors, but no such luck. I have to say, though, that the fiber was a pleasure to spin. I'll buy this blend again from Royale Hare, but I'll be a little more careful with the color choice next time.

Up this weekend: The Husband's sister and her husband are visiting from New Orleans, and we're having a family party tomorrow. We only see them once a year, so it will be nice to catch up. I need to rearrange my sewing room to make room fro the bookcase that we took out of the Daughter's bedroom. I need to do this before we can rearrange the living room to make room for the Christmas tree. If things go well, we'll get the tree on Sunday.

I did manage to hang the Advent calendar, stockings, and front door wreath for a little Christmas decoration at home. I really need to start baking ASAP!!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...