Wednesday, December 15, 2010

WIP-It Wednesday, Christmas style...

...because I'm sure not working on anything crafty right now. Here's our partially-decorated tree:


Sorry, the picture is not better. I forgot to change the camera from Program to Auto. I have Program set up for close-up shots. Oops! The tree is about 9 feet tall and has an oddly angled trunk. But it's pretty full, so that's good.

I think I finally have all of the components for baking and packaging the goodies I'm making. I made a last run to Cost Plus yesterday to buy red and green cellophane. I've done very little online shopping because most everything will be handmade this year.

And, of course, because I'm taking vacation from the 22nd through the end of the year, work has escalated! Oh, yay...busy at work and busy at home! Needless to say, there are some days where I just want to play hooky from work and from home...LOL!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

My first Christmas tree that I did, after I was "on my own" was a cornacopia type tree, about 2' tall, and I stuck tin foil all inside of it, sticking the lights thru the openings....all I had money for, I'd been in the hospital for a hand operation and No "SDI" yet...so was stone broke. The only gift I made that year was a velvet lap quilt for my mom, who was getting pretty weak at that point...and was always cold. I still have it...it's 35 years old...sits on my sofa now...as a reminder of that time. It was also the first Christmas with my honey!!! MEMORIES...so sweet!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...