Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy 2011!

I'm sure your New Year's celebration was better than mine...I got food poisoning or something like it the afternoon of the 31st and was miserable by the time midnight rolled around. The Husband and I said "Happy New Year" but that was about it. I had planned a dinner of munchies and champagne, which for obvious reasons didn't happen.  I got better yesterday, but am still not 100%. I'm back to work today, though as there's simply too much to do.

Saturday was pretty much a waste...I slept until about 1pm and was pretty much a slug on the couch for the rest of the day. On Sunday, I managed some grocery shopping and spent the rest of the day weaving my marine silk shawl (Ravelry). Weaving was a good choice because the back-and-forth action was soothing and it didn't take a lot of brain power.

Tonight, I'll start deconstructing the Christmas decorations, which is something I usually start on New Year's Day.

I hope to get back to some semblance of normal on the blog in the coming weeks. And just maybe I'll whip up a Blogiversary contest for the next post...the blog will be 5 on the 5th!
 

1 comment:

Bogie said...

Ugh. I hope you're feeling better soon. Happy New Year!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...