Wednesday, January 05, 2011

It's my 5th Blogiversary...let's have a contest!

Yeah, who knew I'd still be doing this five years later?

There have been a few changes since my first post.
  • I'm no longer just a stitcher and quilter. I've added knitter, spinner, and weaver to the list. I also dabble in macro photography
  • I changed the name of the blog to be more "me."
  • I changed the layout.
  • I have more than one reader. (Don't burst my bubble, please. LOL!)
I've settled into a MWF schedule of posting, except when life and work get in the way. I still find the blog a useful journal of the projects I have in process and my mindset at the time I'm working on them. A little personal stuff gets thrown in from time to time. So, for now, blogging is still working for me.

If you've been reading all along...thanks for joining me on this little journey! I plan on continuing as long as it is still useful for me.

OK, on to the contest:

Leave a comment on this post by Midnight PST, Wednesday 1/19/11.

(No, multiple comments will not give you multiple entries!)

I'll do the random number thing and pick 5 winners on the 20th.

The prizes:
  • Each winner will receive a PDF copy of my Knit2 Sock Bag pattern via email and a little something extra in Snail mail.
  • One of those five winners (chosen at random) will also receive a Knit2 Sock Bag sewn by me in the Knitmare on Elm Street fabric. Here are some pictures of the one I made for myself...if you're the winner, yours will look similar:

Chocolate and Pink Knit2 Bag - front Chocolate and Pink Knit2 Bag - bottom Chocolate and Pink Knit2 Bag - inside

You can see more pictures of the Knit2 Sock Bag on Flickr. This bag has not been sewn yet, so this winner might have to be a little patient while I make it.

That's the contest. Good luck!!

(I still need to upload my December and 2010 recaps, but work beckons...)

9 comments:

LaurenS said...

I'd love to win your bag pattern :)

Just Jane said...

ME TOO....I never seem to be very good at winning your "contest", I've been a "loyal entrant" however...and a LOYAL READER!HAHA

Tara said...

I just stumble onto your blog while looking for a way to buy your divided project bag pattern! Very serendipitous!

Chellieanne said...

Congrats on your 5th Blogiversary-(I don't think I can say that) and I would love to win your bag pattern.
Such a great project!

annash said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary! I wouldn't mind winning your beautiful sock bag pattern so put me down for the drawing ♥

Anonymous said...

Loretta said

I love to win a prize you make the most neatness stuff and you are my knitter expect.

Just Jane said...

THIS IS NOT AN ENTRANT...I'M IN... but needed to make a comment to Loretta....she does the neatest stuff no matter WHAT THE PROJECT....there is no other in this world as "TALENTED" as Marie!! No matter what she touches it's perfection all the way! How cool to be able to say I've been her "buddy" since HS!!

Anonymous said...

Marie you are amazing in all you do. It's no wonder your daughter is such an inspiration as well. Happy to be apart of such a wonderful family. I must say I did not know about your blogs, but now I will be reading. You're better than Martha! Much Love to you and the family.

Michelle said...

ok, so it probably wouldn't be fair for your little sister to win but I did want to congratulate you on your blogiversary... YEAH!! I do love, love, love the bag and I guess it wouldn't hurt to remind you my 45th is coming up in 6 months, LOL! Love you bunches ♥♥♥♥♥ (5 hearts for 5 years)

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...