Wednesday, February 09, 2011

why, yes I have been working on my WIPs...

...they just don't look marginally different than the last time I showed them to you!

  • Turquoise Trails (needlepoint) is progressing slowly.
  • My Tealing Groovy quilt has the most progress, with everything ready to baste.
  • I finally finished all the decreases for the Mochaberry Bramble socks. Now I'm working my way to the toes, see:

I finally took pictures of the Agate yarn that I finished over the weekend.

Agate Merino-Silk handspun

and the close-up:
Agate Merino-Silk handspun, close up

Specs:
Started: 1/8/11
Finished: 2/5/11
Agate Merino-Silk top from the Yarn Wench
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT Folding wheel
223.3 yards, 2 ply
WPI 11

Not my best spinning job. I tried a different technique of splitting the top and I'm not happy with the results,. The problem was totally with the spinner not the dyer...the colors in this bump were so beautiful and the result is muddied.  Spin and learn...the next one will be better!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...