Friday, March 18, 2011

another rainy Eye Candy Friday...

...I'd like a few more sunny days, thank you very much. Tired of cold and/or wet weather. So ready for warmer weather! At least the garden is not looking so drab any more. Things are starting to bloom all over.

Our two nectarine trees have set a lot of blossoms.

Nectarine blossoms

Knowing I love nectarines, the Husband planted a nectarine tree for me...a white nectarine tree.

Arctic Jay nectarine blossom

When I told him that I really preferred the yellow nectarines, he went out and got another nectarine tree!

Double Delight nectarine blossoms

In keeping with his tradition of planting something and not indicating what it is, here's a look at some unknown bulb growing in one of the containers. We won't know what it is until the flower opens!

Unknown bulb

The fig tree is starting to set leaves. For a little tree, it produces quite a few figs. Yummy!

New fig leaf

A new flower to the yard is this red mask flower, very pretty little flowers.

Red Mask Flower

Up this weekend: continue to work on the commissioned quilt. I want to cut and prep the binding so it's one more task off of the to-do list.

I'd like to make a little more progress on the Blue Whale shawl. I've restarted it again and am trying a different type of increase. No holes with this method, but they cause some stray purl bumps in the knit side and vice versa. I was smart this time and put in a lifeline, so I need to go back to that point and try again. I'm using handspun for this shawl and I was a bit concerned about how the knitting and unknitting would affect the yarn. So far, it's holding up very well and I'm very pleased with it!

The other thing I'd like to do is finish bobbin #2 of the Sebastopol Raspberry Fields top and ply it. I want to see how strong a 2-ply yarn it is. I'd love to use it as a warp and really hope it can handle the abuse.

Since it's supposed to rain all weekend, I'll have a good excuse to stay indoors. (Let's get real, I stay indoors most of time anyway...so many projects I want to do! )
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...