Wednesday, March 23, 2011

cold and wet WIP-it Wednesday...

...cold enough that I have to run the space heater in my office all day!

The only active WIP I have is the Blue Whale Shawl. Once I finally got the increase problem resolved, it's been moving right along. I have finished section 1 of the pattern and started section 2.

Blue Whale Shawl, as of 3/22/11

The longer the shawl gets the more evident the color changes become. When I spun it, the yarn simply looked like variations of blue. As I'm knitting the shawl, I'm noticing some gray, greenish-gray, and darker blue sections. It's really kind of cool to see these colors emerge!

Blue Whale Shawl, close up

When I finished section 1, I did the smart thing and put in a lifeline before I started the next section. I hope this will guarantee that I don't make mistakes in the next section because I took precautions. (But I'm also smart enough not to hold my breath...LOL!)
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...