Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and I have two previously-unseen WIPs!

First is the Sebastopol Raspberry Fields spinning. This is the first bobbin:

Sebastopol Raspberry Farm, bobbin #1


Because of the way it's dyed, it's spinning up with very few blended pink-green sections. I think this will make a great two-ply yarn.

Next is the Blue Whale Shawl:

Blue Whale Shawl, in progress


I'm not happy with this project yet. It's totally my fault, not the pattern's or the yarn's...I am just not great at M1L and M1R. I always have huge holes at the increases. (I'm much better with KFB.) Anyway, I've started this 3 times because I didn't like how it looked. I've improved the lighting where I knit so I can better see the "bar" to pick up...and while it's better this time around, I'm still not thrilled. [sigh] I need to look at the how-to videos some more. The only problem with that is that they clearly show where the bar is, but I'm knitting with much thinner yarn and it's harder to see which strand to pick up. What I thought was going to be a nice knit is turning out to be not so nice...

One thing I forgot to report, I got a present in the mail over the weekend! My Blogiversary contest winner sent me a beautiful necklace:

Clayworks Necklace


The necklace is by Lisa Boucher from Clayworks of New Hampshire. Isn't it pretty?! I need to find a top that will show it off. Thanks, Michele! Love it!


.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...