Wednesday, March 09, 2011

WIP-it Wednesday...

...in which all of my WIPs still look pretty much the same as the last time.
  • The Beets Go On socks are still in cuff form. I started to work on them Monday night and remembered why I had put them aside. There were some weak areas of the yarn that resulted in breakage in a couple of places. If I didn't know better, I'd accuse one of the cats of chewing on the yarn! One ball had weak places in a couple of spots and the other just in one. I've cut out the bad areas and used the Russian join for the ends. I'm not too worried about using this kind of join in the cuffs. I hope this is the last issue I have with this yarn!
  • I've started working on the Turquoise Trail again needlepoint. I took it to craft night last night and made some progress. I really want to get this done as I have a Susan Portra needlepoint that's calling my name!
  • My spindle spinning is frustrating right now. While I love the feel and the color of the Wisteria angora-merino top I'm spinning [Ravelry], I am not in love with the fact that the angora makes it hard to keep a sustained spin going. Lots of dropping the spindle involved.
  • The Tealing Groovy quilt is still on hold until I can get the commissioned pieces done.
Speaking of commissioned pieces, here's a quick look at the current one:

Sneak Peak

No name yet and I can't share much more than this right now. But it's really pretty!
.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Oh I can see why you wouldn't want to part with this...VERY BEAUTIFUL!! I'm sure the "recipient" will be very pleased!! As always...you create such "masterpieces"...awesome very awesome!!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...