Friday, April 15, 2011

Eye-think-it's-finally-Spring Candy Friday...

...flowers are blooming and things are greening up.

The clouds have been interesting the last few days, ranging from fluffy (Wednesday) to wispy (today). Here's what yesterday's cloud cover looked like:

Thursday morning clouds 3

I took several pictures of these clouds from different directions because they looked so cool. (I uploaded two more to Flickr).

The tulips continue to bloom in the back yard.

Yellow tulip, close up

White and pink tulip 2

I think these are from the bulbs that the Daughter brought back from Amsterdam at Christmastime. Whether or not they are, I really love the ruffled variation.

The Husband planted some new flowers in the front and back yard.

Blue Honeywort 2

These are Blue Honeywort flowers, AKA Blue Wax Flower and Blue Shrimp Flower. Their official name is Cerinthe major purpurascens. I love the color and shape of these flowers, but they were a challenge to photograph. If you look at them straight on, they didn't look like much. From below, they just look like circles. I got this picture by shooting from a slightly upward angle.

Up this weekend: Finish the wall hanging (if I say it, it will get done, right?). The other must-do is to go to the high school and take pictures of the tulips. You might remember that we made a donation to the Fremont HS Tulip Fund in Savannah's memory. I want to take pictures to send to her parents. They plan on visiting in June, but the tulips will be gone by then.

Aside from that, I need to do a few chores and run a couple of errands. I'll fit knitting in there somewhere!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...