Monday, April 11, 2011

it was a taxing weekend...

...yup, spent most of the weekend doing tax-related things.

No matter how hard we try, we always seems to manage to misplace one or more pieces of vital information. In 1020, I has set aside one entire drawer for nothing but tax information. Most everything was in there, but I was missing one of the DMV pieces and the property tax paperwork. I knew I could look up the DMV thing online and get the information that way and I had the check copies for the property tax. But it was drving me nuts not knowing what happened to the "real" paperwork. Ask me about Virgos who can't find things where they belong...

After several hours of obsessively sorting through all of last years papers (and generating a huge bag of paper recycling and another of shredded paper), I found the missing information. I need to check with the Husband about one thing and then I can file our taxes online. That was Saturday.

On Sunday, I did a few chores and went to the grocery story. After a late lunch, I attacked the Daughter's taxes. That took pretty much the rest of the day. Lots of sorting through medical receipts, and expanding the spreadsheet she had already created...it was a long process. Her stuff is complicated anyway and it didn't help that a lot of her stuff is still in boxes. She managed to find 90% of it and we're putting out inquiries for the rest.  Thank goodness this is the last full year of dealing with her grad school fellowship!

I did manage to spend about an hour and a half on Jane's birthday present. I have the design set now and I'm in sewing mode. I hope to finish it soon, as her birthday was Saturday.

Hope you had a great birthday, Jane!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...