Friday, April 08, 2011

It's still Friday...

...yet another day that got away from me!  It's been that kind of a week. I was easily side-tracked all week, most by work projects and sometimes by just being abnormally spacey.

Today's eye candy is from the garden. The lavender that's going nutso in the front yard:

Lavender

The lone iris blooming in the front yard:
Iris


...and a close up of its petals, dotted with rain drops.

Raindrops on iris petals


Up this weekend: The dreaded taxes. Ugh!  Ours are not too bad to do mostly because, other than charitable contributions, we don't have a lot of things that we have to compile for it. The Daughter's, on the other hand, can be challenging due to her school and business expenses.

Other than that, I need to spend some serious time on someone's birthday present. It's going to be late again, Jane. [sigh] One of these years, I'll get it there on time!
.

1 comment:

Elf said...

Wow, none of my iris even have buds yet, I don't think. But, heh, already have my tax refunds in hand. Or in account, at any rate.

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...