Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mondays and I are having "issues"...

...I'm having a heck of a time writing a post on Mondays. Heck, who am I kidding...I'm having a heck of a time doing any blog posts. It's 4:15pm and I just started this one!

My weekend was somewhat productive.

My main goal was to take pictures of the tulips at the high school and I did that on Saturday. I wanted to take the photos before the sun burned through the clouds so the light would be more diffuse. My timing was good and the sun didn't come though until the end of my photo shoot. Here's a couple of samples:

Light pink variegated tulip at FHS

Tulip reaching skyward

There are more in my Flickr set.  It was a little sad to see that the tulips needed some TLC. Many were infested with aphids and there weren't quite as many as I remembered. But at least they are still there!  As I went around taking pictures, I kept being drawn to the pink ones. Pink was Savannah's favorite color and I think she wanted to make sure that I took lots of pictures of the pink tulips!

My other big project was Jane's wall hanging. I got a lot accomplished, to the point that I'm now ready to sew the front and back together It took a little longer than I estimated to get it to this point...that's what happens when you don't have a pattern and you're flying blind. LOL!

I knit about an inch on the Blue Whale shawl, I'm still working on section two..each row is taking longer and longer to finish as I do the increases.  I'm make slow progress and managing to keep the rice stitch area correct.

I received the next installment of the Pro-Verbial club. I love the shawl pattern, but I not overly in love with the color of the fiber. The fiber itself is very nice, a camel-silk blend. I may end up spinning a different fiber for the pattern (picture is behind the spoiler below).

Pro-Verbial Spoiler pic

.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...