Tuesday, April 05, 2011

so that Monday just slipped on by...

...I managed to get my photos uploaded to Facebook and Flickr, but never made it to Blogger to post.

Our company party was fun and, as usual, we had some very creative cooks and bakers.Here's what my Little Mermaid dessert looked like:

The Little Mermaid - dessert division

The full set of pictures is on Flickr...make sure to check out the Little Mermaid appetizer than another person made. It's fabulous!

I also made a platter of lemon curd tarts (Queen of Hearts Tarts), but did not get a picture of them. They were OK...the lemon curd turned out very well, but I was disappointed in the cream cheese crust recipe I used. Back to Martha's crust recipe next time!

I didn't get a lot accomplished on Sunday: grocery shopping, a little laundry, and not much elset. I did spend some time looking at the design of the wall hanging, but I was exhausted from the Saturday baking and party. I just knew if I tried to cut fabric and sew, I was going to mess it up. Much better to work on this project when I have more brain cells!

I knit a few rows on The Whale's Tale shawl, made a nice pesto chicken for dinner, and that was about it. I know...really exciting stuff!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...